How to migrate your Refworks data to Endnote Web
Last Updated: Apr 12, 2017 | 17 Views
Topics: Citation Management Software
Was this helpful? 0 0
Export from Refworks
- Login to your Refworks account
- Navigate to the folder you wish to export (while you can export all of your citations if you use folders we recommend exporting and importing on a folder by folder basis).
- Go to References >> Export (you may need to enable pop-ups in your browser )
- In the resulting popup select "all in list" from the "References to include from" option
- In the "Select an Export Format" you should select the default - "Bibliographic Software..."
- Click "Export Reference" (Your browser may automatically download the .txt file or it may open it in a new browser tab. If it opens in a new browser tab simply navigate to File and save the page as a .txt file.)
- Repeat for each Refworks folder
Import to Endnote Web
- Login to Endnote Web at http://myendnoteweb.com
- Navigate to Collect >> Import References
- Choose the file you just downloaded from Refworks
- Select the Import Option "Refman RIS" NOT Refworks Import
- In the "To" drop down select "New group"
- Click Import
- At the resulting prompt enter the name of the "folder" you exported from Refworks
- When import is complete check that all references imported and that the data looks great.
- Repeat for each Refworks folder you exported