Answered By: Kirsten Willms Last Updated: Jul 31, 2017 Views: 23
The library permits food and drink, within reason, to be consumed at study tables and carrels only. Library staff reserve the right to determine what is acceptable food and drink within the library. At no time should food or drink be located in or near the book stacks, computer workstations, microform readers/printers or other types of equipment. Food and drinks are not allowed in the Instruction Lab or Map Room.
Food and Drink that is considered acceptable:
- Drinks that are in spill-proof containers or have secured lids.
- Snack foods that do not disturb those around you.
NOTE: library staff will respond to complaints from other patrons regarding disruptive
Food and Drink that is not acceptable:
- No open drink containers, cafeteria glasses, or paper coffee cups (Tim Hortons or Starbucks) that tip over easily.
- No hot food items, sandwiches or other food that is considered a “meal” that should normally be consumed in a cafeteria environment.
- No food items that are known to cause severe allergic reactions.
Please Be Considerate
Use appropriate trash receptacles for cleaning up after yourself.