Answered By: James MacDonald Last Updated: Jul 19, 2017 Views: 17
Unfortunately the direct export to Endnote function in CINAHL is not currently functioning. The library is working on a solution to that problem but it may take some weeks working with the vendors to get that fixed. Thankfully there is a fairly easy work around. It simply reuires you to download a file and upload it to Endnote.
Here are the step from the point of exporting from your CINAHL Folder:
- in the folder select "Export" in the right sidebar
- Change the export method to "Direct Export in RIS Format (e.g. CITAVI, EasyBib, EndNote, ProCite, Reference Manager, Zotero)"
- Click save (this will download a file
- Login to Endnote Web
- Navigate to Collect >> Import References
- Choose the file you just downloaded from CiNAHL
- Choose the import option "Refman RIS"
- Choose the group you wish to import to
- Click import
That should import your references to the correct group.
Here is a short screencast showing these steps: https://screencast.com/t/u3x1wxYrd