Answered By: Kealin McCabe Last Updated: Sep 16, 2019 Views: 88
Log in to EndNote or create a new account. Please note, this account is external to the library.
EndNote is a citation management system that allows you to create records manually or import them directly from another database.
Creating Manual Citation Records:
1) Begin by clicking on the "COLLECT" tab
2) Select "NEW REFERENCE"
3) Enter in pertinent bibliographic information
4) Always ensure that you save the reference
1) Log in to EndNote and keep it open in a separate tab or browser window. Doing this ensures ease of use when importing citations.
2) Open the desired database in a separate tab. Select the items you wish to export.
3) Follow the instructions listed in your chosen database to export your records. Ensure you select EndNote as the export option.
4) A new tab will open and EndNote will then import the records. To view your newly imported records click on the "MY REFERENCES" tab.
5) The imported records will be in the unfiled folder.